ICAN Early Language Development Programme (ELDP)
BHT Early Education and Training’s ICAN Early Language Development Programme (ELDP) is designed to improve early speech, language and communication development amongst 0-5s (primarily focusing on 0-2 year olds). The programme has been built on learning from previous early year’s speech, language and communication development programmes, including Every Child a Talker (ECaT) and Early Talk 0-3.
This is a 3 part course, delivered by our ICAN licensed Tutor over 2 full days and is recommended for Early Years Practitioners working with children 0-3 years.
The Aim of this course is for participants to be able to :
- Describe the development of speech, language and communication skills in children under 3 years
- Consider how babies and toddlers learn
- Understand the processes of preverbal and early verbal development
- Identify stages of play development and its links to language acquisition
- Identify risk factors that impact on the development of communication
- Understand the role practitioners play in supporting speech, language and communication development in children aged 0-3 years
- Gather information regarding any difficulties alongside knowledge of when and where to refer
- Gain ideas for activities that can develop language and play in an everyday play environment
- Understand the importance of parental support for the development of speech, language and communication
- Understand the importance of working in partnership with parents of children with speech, language and communication needs
Please contact us for cost details.