Early Years Narrative Training
BHT Early Education and Training’s Early Years Narrative approach is about modelling signs, showing colour coded symbols and saying words. This support children’s Understanding, Auditory memory, Sequencing and Literacy development.
The main focus of this training is how we use the narrative structure in our daily conversations and how we do this without thinking about it, but we use a framework to structure what we are telling people. This helps us to sequence our thoughts and make sense to others.
This is a half-day training session for practitioners working with children aged 3-5 years in the setting.
Once practitioners are trained then it is designed to be delivered as a small group intervention for children:
- With speech & language difficulties
- Who are shy or reluctant
- With social communication difficulties
- With attention & listening difficulties
- Learning English as a second language
- Who are verbally able but who need their skills extending towards early literacy
Please contact us for cost details.